Thursday, December 31, 2009

How popular is Heinz Salad Cream in the UK?

I live in Texas and I have just started buying Heinz Salad Cream because I am getting kind of tired of mayonnaise. Salad cream is not popular in the States. About 99% of Americans don't even know what it is. Since it is an import from the UK I was wondering how popular it is.How popular is Heinz Salad Cream in the UK?
Who does he play for?How popular is Heinz Salad Cream in the UK?
Well, I grew up in England and it was way more popular than mayonaise that's for sure. Salad-cream and lettuce sandwiches were not uncommon in my house as a kid. Last time I was in England, it was still stacked high in the supermarkets so I'm going to say that it's still popular. In 2000, Heinz said they were going to stop making it but I guess they were pursuaded not to. Crosse %26amp; Blackwell also make it and I think theirs is better anyway. But it's been a long time since I moved to the USA and I'm not paying import prices!
To save a few dollar, make it yourself, mayo, dry mustard, cider vinegar, sugar and a dash of paprika.





I am from Canada, we have it here also, but it is $3.99 (CAN) for a 500 ml or 16 oz bottle, I had it when I was in the UK, and my grandmother used to give it to us when I was a lad, the salad cream that is.
It's not as popular as it used to be because it used to be all there was. Now we have so many choices and so many different prices everybody can have a different brand.





Heinz is however still a household name, it's popular.
I love salad cream, salads are very boring without it, I also love it with chips and on my chip buttie. It is a national institution in the UK, very popular.
I think most people i know eat mayonnaise to be honest, i remember my parents buying it when i was a kid but i have never bought it. I had Caesar dressing on my chicken pittas tonight!
I prefer it to mayo .. although it contains a bit of mayo.





at one point they were gonna stop it here.. gutted.. it's lush on chips (or u would call fries.. but the ones more like wedges)





it's not the most popular thing though.
People used to put up with it, before they discovered gorgeous Hellmann's mayonnaise from the US!





Salad cream is probably only eaten by the over-70s here, just out of habit. Because it's not very nice!!!
Heinz Is the best


we use the reduced fat one


mayonnaise Is rubbish salad cream


Is truly wonderful eggy tasting goodness


spread the word In texas buddy


everyone should taste this great stuff
POPULAR...
very popular in the UK
very popular





almost every house will have a jar in
VERY!
i love it with salad and chips.


or even with mashed potatoe.
Our family eat it all the time but I prefer mayo on jacket potatoes.
I love heinz salad cream sells really good in the uk

No comments:

Post a Comment