Thursday, December 31, 2009

For how long can hazelnut cream cheese spread be out of the fridge?

O.k so right now it's about 12:30 and I just finished my lunch break and a have a hazelnut spread that I opened before going to lunch but now that I came back, the office fridge is not working. So my question is if it will go bad if it's not in the fridge, I want to take it home but I don't get out until 4:30. Will it be good until then ?For how long can hazelnut cream cheese spread be out of the fridge?
2 hours, many more if you put it on ice. The ideal temperature is 38-40 degrees F with a shelf life of 7 days. Take it home it won't kill you.


You go to a party and the spread was put out at 6pm, you arrived at 8:30 after dinner, then snacked on it at 10. If and it should be, most dairy is pasteurized, it's probably safe.


Don't worry as long as those hazelnuts hadn't gone rancid.


The growth pattern of bacteria goes rapidly as time progresses. After the 3rd hour it's x10,000, 4th hour x100,000, and the 5th x 1,000,000. 10-12 hrs. it's in the billions and visible to the naked eye!





The Pasteurization process 145 degrees F for 30 minutes or 161 degrees F for at least 15 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment