Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long can I leave cream cheese out so it's soft?

A lot of recipes call for room temperature cream cheese, but how long can I actually leave it out so that it doesn't spoil, but it is still soft for easy mixing?How long can I leave cream cheese out so it's soft?
Honestly, hours. It won't spoil. I wouldn't leave it out overnight. And let's say you need half the package? Cut out the part you need and put the rest in the fridge. Let the part you are using stand until it's just as soft as you want it to be, room temp. Take it out in the am if you cook for lunh. It will be fine!!How long can I leave cream cheese out so it's soft?
I leave mine out overnight and I've never had a problem. I've worked with chefs that leave it out for days.
Leave it out for about one hour and it'll be soft enough to work with. Leave it out for about 4 hours before you need to really think twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment