Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I keep my ice-cream soft and delicious?

So I bought some ice-cream yesterday and it was really great.





Today, however, it's harder and not as delicious. I just opened it and stuck it in my freezer. What could have gone wrong?





Anyway, is there a ';correct'; temperature to store ice-cream at or something? Or does it just decide to get hard after being opened?





Also, I stored the ice-cream in my freezer for about 5 hours prior to opening it the first time.





What's happening to it? How can I keep my ice-cream smooth and delectable?How do I keep my ice-cream soft and delicious?
I laughed when i read this dont ask why


but yeah make sure your freezer isnt high up always keep your lid tight and get double churned its so good and let it sit out 10 minutes priror to spooning more out?How do I keep my ice-cream soft and delicious?
i think that realistically there is no way to keep it from hardening eventually, but it would be better to store it towards the front of the freezer, or the best place would be the door because the back of the freezer/fridge is always colder than the front. thats where the cooling source is...also. try putting some reynolds wrap over the container before placing the lid on it. im not sure that would work, but i dont think it would hurt to try. just a suggestion.
HA, I'm not going to lie- I think this is such an adorable question! I laughed, too.





Ahem, anyways. I've noticed with my own ice cream that depending on what kind I get, it's usually softer than other kinds. I couldn't tell you which kinds specifically are softer, because I don't actually pay that much attention, but yeah. Maybe if you try buying different kinds, you can figure out which ones are more delectable than others.





Hope this helps. Good luck with your ice cream endeavor :)
It's called hard-pack ice cream for a reason. If you want soft serve ice cream you will have to go to the Dairy Queen. Try nuking it for a couple of seconds. It should soften up around the edges.
cover your ice cream with plastic wrap directly on the ice cream...put the lid back on and wrap plastic around the whole container. air is what is making it hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment