Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it OK to eat ice cream when you have braces?

I was wondering, because I might get braces. I saw on many sites that people said ice cream was a nice treat to eat when you get braces, but my cousin (who has braces) said that his orthodontist told him not to eat foods that are too icy.Is it OK to eat ice cream when you have braces?
I think You can...i have Braces and i eat ice cream...What the Orthodontist means is not to bite iceIs it OK to eat ice cream when you have braces?
yes as long as you brush afterwards. and it doesn't have chunky stuff in it.
well when i got my braces i couldn't even chew so ice cream just melts in your mouth right away , ur cousins teeth might be sensitive so then you should be careful otherwsie go ahead with ice cream which has no cbuncks in it or only pieces of choclate which can melt.
creamy ice cream sure...





not ice cream with chewey additives like gummies


not popcycles


definitely not licorice, taffy, jaw breakers or bubblegum
I think it's totally fine. I had braces and ate ice cream all the time! Basically, the foods orthodontists don't want you to eat is food that will get stuck in them (ex. popcorn, gum) but ice cream is totally fine!
I had alot of ice cream when I had my braces on because it made my teeth feel so much better. You can eat ice cream!
i had braces%26amp;%26amp;i ate ice cream.


nothing bad happened.


so i say yes it is ok to eat


ice cream.=]
It is possible to get your braces so cold that they will pop off the tooth. If they contract from the chill, they just pop off. It's painless, but irratating. Just watch how you eat it, and don't hold it in your mouth for a long time. Just eat it slower between bites so that your mouth warms up. And leave out the nuts. They are a pain in butt to get out of your braces and will easily pop off a brace if you bite down on one the wrong way.
Yeah. The only reason it's not good to eat things icy (like ice) is because they are so hard and if you chew them a wire will snap or a bracket can pop off. Trust me, I love chewing ice and I've had 3 brackets replaced and my wires break all the time. Not good. Stay away from chips, too. And popcorn! That's about it. Ice cream is more than fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment