Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I need a scampi recipe and no wine.I also need one with cream inside fro taste.?

I need it before tommarow.PLEASE help.I need a cream non wine shrimp scampi and best recommendations.Please give tips for good flavor.I need a scampi recipe and no wine.I also need one with cream inside fro taste.?
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 16 to 24)


1/3 cup clarified butter


4 tablespoons minced garlic


6 green onions, thinly sliced


1/4 cup non-alcoholic white wine, white grape juice or white wine vinegar.


2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh if possible


2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley


salt and pepper, to taste








Rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add shrimp, green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.





Do not overcook. Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desiredI need a scampi recipe and no wine.I also need one with cream inside fro taste.?
FYI - shrimp scampi is in a garlic, butter, and white wine sauce - cream sauce is not scampi.





If you want a cream sauce you want shrip alfredo:





saute the shrimp in garlic and butter/olive oil until the shrimp is pink and cooked through





add alfredo sauce (you can use jar sauce like bertolli, ragu, 5 brothers, whatever you like, OR make alfredo - homemade takes a while or one of the packets from the grocery store you add milk to)





I also add veggies (peas and broccoli are my favorites) - I just boil them in the water I boil my pasta in





dump the shrimp, veggies, and sauce over the pasta and enjoy
Scampi without wine:


http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1958,135鈥?/a>





Fettuccine Alfredo (cream sauce) with Shrimp %26amp; Broccol:


http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1945,157鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment