Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I substitute double cream with whipping cream?

Is there a difference in the texture of these two creams? And will subsituting double cream with whipping cream affect the result of my cake/frosting?Can I substitute double cream with whipping cream?
Potato, Potatoe, no it wouldn't change it that much, I don't think the average pallet could tell anyway. Whipping cream just has a little less butter fat in it. It's like asking what's better Double Cream or Heavy Cream. What makes your car go? GasolineCan I substitute double cream with whipping cream?
The British tend to label things differently, single, double and devon/clotted cream, in the US and Canada we associate the heaviest cream is refered to a whipping cream.





In Canada we have 5%, 10%, 18% and 35%, most of the lighter ones are used in coffee and cereals. I n the restaurant business we used 35% to our cream sauces, in the US your familiar with half anf half, light, heavy or whipping cream. you can use anything for cooking but dessert need whipping cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment